- Read statement from IAFP re acceptable activities in committees (Judy)
- Request any changes to agenda? (Ewen)
- Review symposia/roundtable for this annual meeting (Ewen, Judy, Jack):
a) "How Do We Measure the Effectiveness of Regulatory Food Safety Programs?" Tuesday, August 2, 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM.
b) "Approaches to Safe Use of Irrigation and Wash Water in the Face of Increased Global Water Shortages" Wednesday, August 3, 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
c) "Integrating Food Safety into Food Security" Wednesday, August 3, 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
d) "2016 Foodborne Outbreak Updates" Wednesday, August 3, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM.
- Progress of the Procedures to Investigate Waterborne Illness manual (Ewen)
- Review of provided material for the vector-borne manual (rodent-borne and arthropod-borne). Need to identify a coordinator and members to work on sections. (Judy)
- Report on the 100 Year History of the Committee to be submitted to FPT (Ewen).
- Viral and parasitic portions of Diseases Transmitted by Foods Manual (3rd edition) completed but need to be added to the table. Individuals need to be identified to contribute to biotoxin, plant toxicant, and chemical sections. (Ewen and Judy.)
New Business (proposed symposia titles):
- Should we ask the Board if we can have a slot open for late breaking outbreaks?
- International food safety symposia with speakers from countries not previously presented at IAFP such as Pakistan, Jordan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, each to pick a different aspect.
- Harmful algal blooms and associated health problems or seafood pathogens
- Disclose food safety myths
Any other new business (Ewen)